List of questions

I want to register, renew, or change my loss adjuster’s qualification.

The registration of the loss adjusters' qualification is managed by the General Insurance Association of Japan.For more information, please contact the General Insurance Association of Japan.
Official GIAJ website

How can I become an adjuster (take the adjuster examination)?

The General Insurance Association of Japan (GIAJ) registers and conducts testing for Registered Loss Adjusters. For more information, please contact the GIAJ.
Official GIAJ website

Can I see past questions from the adjuster examination?

Past questions and example answers are available on the GIAJ website as PDF files.
Textbooks, past questions, etc. on the GIAJ website

Where can I get textbooks to study for the adjuster examination?

Please visit the following link to view information on the GIAJ website.
Textbooks, past questions, etc. on the GIAJ website

How can I find work at an adjustment company?

Please view the list of Loss Adjusting Association of Japan (LAAJ) member companies and contact them individually.

My roof was recently destroyed in a typhoon. Will an adjuster come look at it?

If you are enrolled in damage insurance, please contact your insurance company. Your insurance company and its contact information are listed on your insurance contract, etc. A loss adjuster will be contracted to visit you by the damage insurance company. Please be aware that this service is not available if you are not enrolled in damage insurance.

A person saying he was an investigator came to my house. Is he a member of the LAAJ?

Please check his business card to see if his company name is listed under the list of LAAJ member companies. If not, he is not a member.

My house was damaged by a typhoon (or earthquake). A business operator is trying to force me into a concluding a contract for him to negotiate with my insurance company and perform repairs. Is this okay?

You should immediately contact your insurance company before signing any contracts. This business operator may be trying to illegally exploit your insurance payout, so you may need to contact the police or other authorities as well.
Reference information: Watch out for troubles regarding home repairs

I received adjuster certification. Can you help me find a job (introduce me to insurance companies)?

Unfortunately, the LAAJ cannot help you find employment or introduce you to insurance companies.

I want to join Loss Adjusting Association of Japan.

Please review our association's regulations and contact us using the designated application form.